InSpire is excited to continue our free webinar series for cannabis cultivators with an upcoming fourth event. “From Cultural to Chemical Control: How to Implement an Effective IPM Plan for Cannabis” will take place on Thursday, August 6 at 10:00 a.m. PST. You can register for the webinar by clicking here.
Previously in this webinar series, we introduced the concept of cultural control and its impact on plant health and vitality. You can access Webinar 1 here if you didn’t have a chance to view it yet. Cultural control is the foundation of every good Integrated Pest Management (IPM) plan, which means exploring the balance between creating optimal indoor conditions for plants to thrive while simultaneously avoiding conditions in which pests will thrive. Even a small outbreak can quickly lead to crop loss and destroyed revenue, as legal markets conduct testing for biological contaminants and residual pesticides. A comprehensive IPM and Integrated Microbe Management (IMM) program are critical to success in indoor horticulture, and help to produce consistent high quality cannabis and protect your investment.
Attendees will learn more about important topics such as:
- The concept of integrated pest management
- The “disease triangle,” which includes the host, the pathogen and the environment
- The factors of a comprehensive IPM/IMM plan, and how to create and implement an effective strategy
- The role of environmental control in IPM/IMM
- Methods of analysis to determine success in IPM/IMM
- Legal guidelines and regulations surrounding pest management
- Key metrics and takeaways to gauge success
“From Cultural to Chemical Control” will be hosted by Jesse Porter, InSpire’s Cannabis Business Specialist. There will be a question and answer portion at the end of the presentation where Jesse will answer any remaining questions you may have.
Previous Webinar: WEBINAR #3: How to Compare Integrated HVACD with Conventional Non-integrated HVAC